Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Day 13

Today didn't go quite as I expected. After having many good days in a row, I woke up on the wrong side of the recliner this morning. At my check-up yesterday I got the pneumonia vaccine, because going forward as an open-heart patient I will now be in the vulnerable category. Aside from turning into bed at an early hour last night, I was feeling pretty good. I woke up to an extremely sore arm from the shot site, so sore that I can't lift it above my head and it was accompanied by flu like symptoms.

So I didn't do much today. Maggie came to spend the day with me. I managed to get a shower in but it left me so exhausted that I decided to not go to my first day of cardiac rehab.Hopefully the chills and aches will pass by tomorrow so I can muster up some energy for rehab on Friday.

The good thing is that I don't need the vaccine again until I'm 65.

1 comment:

  1. Well then 30 years for the vaccine...not bad. But don't beat yourself up on feeling too tired. You are so strong and I am continually amazed by your strength. Take a day, or two and get back that spunk that will get you through. You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete