Thursday, June 18, 2009

36 Weeks and My Crabby Uterus

Apparently I have a “crabby uterus.” According to the nurse I saw yesterday, an irritable uterus contracts more frequently. This would explain why I’ve been having so many contractions over the past week. But it doesn’t mean that things are progressing any faster than they should. My amniotic fluid is low again (as low as it was last Monday), but the nurse and doctor didn’t seem very concerned this time. So I will continue to take it easy at home and drink lots of fluids. This routine is becoming so normal that when I woke up this morning I couldn’t remember what day it was. I’m barely dilated to one; in fact the doctor hesitated to say even that. What we do know for sure is that Nugget’s head is very low. That would explain my awkward waddle that any runway model should envy.

Oh, and I’m up another 3 pounds.

Belly Button Update: Still refusing to give in.

I am very excited to announce that our dear friends Doreen and Eddie are expecting their first little one in December. Christos and I are thrilled and we look forward to sharing many more dinners at Aurelios with them, except at a table for six!

2 comments:

  1. I have to admit, the title made me laugh out loud even before I read the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So when you have a mood swing from now on, just blame it on the uterus. I should think you could use this even after Nugget is born. Just cause s/he's out doesn't mean your uterus isn't going to be crabby anymore! ;)

    Congrats to Doreen and Eddie!!!!

    ReplyDelete